Tuesday, December 08, 2009

My Country Western Song Life

So here I am, deep in the mountains of Eastern Kentucky, having just finished a passable meat and potatoes dinner at a national chain, sitting in my rental Chevy SUV in the parking lot, listening to my son practice piano on my cellphone, missing him desperately.

So when I went to create this blog entry, I hadn't realized quite how much time had passed since my last entry. Ironic. It was June. I was counting down to the end of my long commute, fantasizing about the time I would have to be with my family, my neighbors, to enjoy summer in my neighborhood.

A week later, we learned that the back pain that had been plaguing JR's dad was so much worse than that. Our life has been turned upside down. We've moved from our beloved neighborhood and comfortable house to a spacious apartment with a view in a building with an elevator, doorman and all sorts of amenities. We live in a world of doctor's appointments, physical therapists, occupational therapists, visiting nurses, medical supplies, pharmaceuticals.

We have been the beneficiaries of amazing acts of generosity from our family, friends and neighbors, far and wide. We are surrounded by love.

So who wants to draft the lyrics?

No comments: