Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day 2009

I feel a need to post the history of Joe's illness, so these are old e-mails, cleaned up.

This was when it began. Joe D complaining of achiness, throwing up while his friends were visiting, and then "sleeping it off" rather than dealing with it. In retrospect, it seems doubly awful that this was Mother's Day.

We had overnight guests (close friend of Joe D's from college plus his
wife and 6 y.o. daughter). JR had a baseball game at 8:30. The
wind was terrible and I can't get the sand out of my eyes. Much more
worrisome, though, is the fact that Joe D., who has been complaining of
achiness off and on for weeks, started throwing up this morning and has
a fever. We're supposed to go to dinner with his mom and sister, but of
course, he doesn't want me to tell anyone he doesn't feel well.
Joe's friends (lovely folks) wanted JR and I to go out with them for
lunch before they headed back to NYC (they live very close to my office,
ironically). JR, tired from his game, refused to go.
I'm trying to figure out if I should let Joe D sleep this off (treat it
like a virus), call one of his doctors (something is not right; he's
been complaining of not feeling right for weeks now); or dump him and JR
in the car and take him to the ER.

Happy Mothers Day to all you mothers out there - hope your day is going
better than mine.

No comments: