Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Toothfairy Redux

Apparently, during Day 1 of "Daddy Camp" (JR's dad decided that rather than send JR to yet another week of camp, we'd save some money and he'd take vacation days and hang out with JR), JR had a playdate with one of his best buddies, HK. I'm not sure how this happened, but during the playdate, JR and HK went exploring in Mom's jewelry box (definitely off limits when Mom is home). In the jewelry box, they found the ring box for my engagement ring, where I had, in a moment of "what am I going to do with this? I just can't throw it away", hidden one of JR's teeth after a visit from the tooth fairy.

What amazed me was that the discovery did not shake JR's solid faith in the tooth fairy. Rather, he has chosen to believe that for some reason, we "forgot" to put it under his pillow when it originally fell out. He doesn't seem to be concerned about how the tooth got into Mom's ring box. He just wanted to make sure that we put it under his pillow last night. Of course, we did.

So, my inability to find a safe hiding place (and Daddy's decision that it's okay to explore Mom's jewelry box when Mom's not home) means that the toothfairy once again paid a visit to our house - paying again for an old lost tooth.

My little mercenary.

No comments: