Wednesday, June 21, 2006

BRUUUUCCCCEEEE!



Through total serendipity, I ended up with a ticket to see Bruce Springsteen tonight. Well, not quite serendipity. Many thanks to JR's dad, who heard of an available ticket and realized that I would LOVE to go.

I have not been to a rock concert in years. The last (only) time I saw Bruce was in 1978 at Madison Square Garden. Tonight was the perfect concert. We sat on the lawn, dead center and near the seats. Bruce played from 8:30 p.m. until 11:00. No breaks, no BS, just big music. I was completely enthralled by the "Seeger Sessions"; Bruce was made to play this music. It was inspirational, sensual, spiritual. It was also shake your body fun.

The friend with the extra ticket was taking his mom. D and his siblings had chipped in and bought tickets so they could go together. At the last minute, his sister couldn't make it - so I was the beneficiary of her misfortune. Mrs. M. truly loved every minute of the concert. Watching her, with her sons, swaying to the music, huge smile on her face, I couldn't help but hope that someday, my grown beautiful son will be taking me to concerts for my birthday.

I wonder how old JR has to be before I can introduce him to Bruce?

No comments: